broken transmission bolt

The last mechanic who did the transmission fluid change on my 95 manual shift 200sx used some kind of adhessive to the bolt that you unscrew to add new transmission fluid so that it won't unscrew, and the edges of the bolt have become warped so that my socket wrench can't grab them. Anyone have any ideas about how I can get it off?

Reply to
blackhammer35

Visegrips may work. Sparky

Reply to
Steve Parker

Are you using a 6 point socket?

Reply to
JimV

Flare nut wrenches are somethinge else. They are for removeing the nut at then end of a tube (typ. brake line), have a slot to get over the tube, and a large OD so the wrench doesn't cam open. Snap-On does make the best I've seen (BIG OD).

The OP needs a 6-point socket or 6-pont box wrench.

If that doesn't work, a cat-o-nine-tails on the prior mechanic.

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

Reply to
blackhammer35