CAN I DO IT MYSELF?

I have a 2003 Nissan Micra

I have been told by nissan that the reason my engine management light has come on is because of a faulty crank sensor.

If I get hold of one of these myself, is it possible for me to fit it myself?

Is there any diagrams on the internet showing approximately where it is located?

Thanks

Reply to
anon

Yes. If it is the Crank Position Sensor, then it is a very easy task. It is usually mounted on the engine block near the transmission, held by ONE screw and have a 2 or 3 wire harness plugged into it. Dealers typically charge around $50 for the factory part. This part is really a "magnetic Hall effect sensor", that sends a pulse signal to the car's computer, telling it that the crankshaft is rotating when its doing so.

Reply to
cmdrdata