Code 0505 in 96 Sentra

Hi,

AutoZone just read my code in my 96 Sentra, and said it was a P0505 (which I saw on the code reader). Their computer system in the store said a p0505 was an "idle control system" malfunction. However, the code chart on the

website says sn 0505 code means "no problems".

Which one is right? I tend to believe the Nissan chart. However the check engine light was on, and why would it be on when everything was OK ? Also, the engine stalls or runs rough when you turn on the a/c at idle, lending credence to the "idle control system" problem.

AutoZone reset the computer, and the check engine light is out (for now).

I reset the computer myself 5 days ago, and it took 5 days of driving for the light to return. I guess in 5 days from now the light will be back on.

Any ideas welcome.

Reply to
User132384

I show "Idle control system malfunction"

Reply to
larry

Thanks. What was your source ?

Reply to
User132384

Go with the idle control system malfunction. The 0505 means no problem if you are seeing 5 long flashes followed by 5 short flashes of your "check engine" light during diagnostic mode of your vehicle's computer. That is not the same as using an OBDII code reader to find the code.

Reply to
Truckdude

Thanks.

Reply to