Cracked transmission case - driveable?

Save the $50 and posibly do $$$$$$ in damage? You can take that risk, seems silly to me. I never understood people wanting to save the $50 and then ruining an engine/transmission in the process.

Reply to
Steve T

The housing on my 95 PF cracked where the manual transmission fell on the crossmember with a broken rubber mount. About 2 litres of fluid has leaked out. Can I drive it about 1 km to the service garage? I plan on driving REALLY slow. Will it damage the internals? I'd rather not pay for a tow truck at this point.

I need a quick reply since I'd like to take it in today.

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
DS

I wouldn't risk it. Penny Wise Pound Foolish or some thought or other.

Reply to
Richard Tomkins

I totally agree with all of you. Due to present circumstances, a tow truck will be very difficult to arrange. I think I will fill the transmission with more fluid and drive it to the garage. It leaks about half a litre per day so I should only lose about 2 tablespoons in the 2 minutes it will take to get to the garage.

Thanks for all your advice.

DS

Reply to
DS