Dead critter somewhere in the heating system 95 Pathfinder.

95 Pathfinder. Bad smell after driving for a while with the heater on. Only when sucking outside air. No smell on recirculation. I suspect it is a dead critter somewhere in the heating system. Has anyone had a similar problem and where was the little guy found?

Thanks John

Reply to
John Matava
Bill Schnakenberg

Reply to
JimV

Sure there is. I've found dead rats inside blower motor housingson several cars.. No idea how they got in there but were there none the less.

You do have a point about water, but it's in the A/C evap not the heater box (plenum?). Still can smell bad!

To the OP if the smell in only on fresh, it's something to do with the cowl area of the car as that's where the fresh air is pulled in, you should be able to smell it outside the car as well.

Reply to
Steve