engine go dead while driving

This morning I was driving my Nissan 200SX and suddenly engine went dead, without any abnormal signal. I tried to restart but failed.

Later jumpstart is easy. And I went to Autozone to check battery and alternator, ok.

So most what kind of problem is this?

Reply to
Niy

Check the engine and battery ground connections. I once had a General Motors product quit on me like that in the number one lane of the East Shore Freeway (I-80) at Emeryville (San Francisco East Bay). It was a loose ground connection on the engine.

Reply to
Stan & Dee Bringer

Thanks for the reply!

I forgot mention one thing: before jumpstart, when I tried to restart engine, I can hear the starter motor. Does that mean battery is ok?

But if battery is ok, why jumpstart works?

As to why engine stop working in the middle, I guess it's because spark stop work, which could be caused by wiring, right?

Reply to
Niy