Fanmotor risistor

Hi

On my Almera (N15) the fan motor resistor is defect, so I only can use stage

4 og the heating system.

Does any one know how many Ohm's the resistor has on that ? (There is an small one in the middle of the ristor PCB)

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Johansen

forget about ohming it out. just replace it

Reply to
NissTech

Yeah.. But with what ? I need to know which resistor I have to replace it with.. .10 kOhms 100 kOhm, ???

Reply to
Thomas Johansen

The one you buy from the dealer.

Reply to
_Bob_

Find the resistors which are likely in the ductwork in the area of the passenger's feet.

Remove the resistor pack and you'll see that it's NOT A resistor but most likely several turns of resistance WIRE. I must admit I've never had a Nissan one out but all the ones I've seen in several other cars through the years have had resistors made up of resistance wire, tapped along the length of the coil, which is cooled by the air flowing past and through them.

It's not worth, in my opinion, trying to repair it but much less hassle and in the long run much much faster to buy a replacement. If you're good at silver soldering and know what you're doing you could probably make a repair that would last for a while at least. I wouldn't just plain lead/tin solder there because the heat would kill it pretty quickly and you'd have to do the job all over again.

Good luck! At least you can keep cool with the full speed blower going.

Thomas Johansen wrote:

Reply to
Don't Reply to this address

allready done...

Yes.. And a resistor in the middle of it. I guess its a power resistor for stage 1. It's burned out...

Yes... and in my Nissan a power resistor

I have got stage 2 and 3 working, but not stage 1.

Reply to
Thomas Johansen

You are almost there then.

Measure the resistors next to the > > Find the resistors which are likely in the ductwork in the area of the

Reply to
Don't Reply to this address