Frontier air conditioning problem

I have a 2000 Frontier and the air conditioner compressor sometimes doesn't begin working for 5 to 15 minutes after cranking the engine and driving off. Once the compressor cycles the first time it seems to work normally after that, but I'm being steamed before it begins working. It didn't work this way last summer and I would like to have it repaired, but the technician at my local dealer can't seem to find anything wrong. Perhaps one of you is familiar with this problem and can tell me how to get it fixed.

Thanks,

Hal

Reply to
Hal

Sounds like it's a little low on refrigerant and the limit switch is keeping off until the engine heat raises the pressure a bit.

Reply to
Jim

The mechanic checked the system and found it cooling to 44 degrees when it is working and can't seem to duplicate my problem. Could the limit switch be defective and give intermittent service and would that be on his checklist or how would I determine the status of the switch?

Thanks,

Hal

Reply to
Hal