91 nissan pickup ignition problems

I have a 91 Nissan pickup/automatic transmission, with an ignition switch that only releases the key when you turn it off on an intermittent basis. What I am wondering is, before I replace this $150 part, is there any other thing that might effect the locking function that I might have overlooked? I read that the Maxima has a sensor in the door panel that indicates what position the gear shift is in. Anything like this in the pckup?

Thanks for your help,

Howard

Reply to
miles