Getting HOT

Have a 1995, 4x4 truck with an automatic.

The center console where the shifter resides has started to produce heat.

There are no sounds coming from transmission.

Shifting is fine and have had no problems.

The engine is not overheating either.

Notice no higher RPMs when running the truck.

Console getting hot though when the weather is warmer outside.

Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas, experiences?

Getting worried, Tod

Reply to
Tod Karol

David Keen

Yes, with his track record, it most likely will be something else. Perhaps a new transmission....there, that should take care of that pesky hot shifting handle once and for all! Well, MAYBE. ;-)

Yes, try to get the damn dealer to pay for his "certainty." If he won't, say your next stop is to file a complaint with the BBB and your state's Attorney General. You may even take them to Small Claims court to get your money, punitive damages AND any court costs that way.

In the meantime, go to another dealer -- even if it's a not TOO long drive out-of-town, or, look for a good independent shop. Save receipts for anything else so you can show it to the judge and get it back.

Good luck,

John D.

Reply to
John D.

Thanks for the confirmation, John.

I already have some idea of how they are going to respond though.

When I was there last they hinted that the cats "contributed" to the problem though.

That of course is a long shot from my being assured it was the cause of the problem.

BTW, if NissTech is watching, do you have any experience in shifter console/tunnel heating up?

Nissan said in 20 years they'd only seen this two times.

Just my luck, a problem no one knows about!

Best, Tod

Reply to
Tod Karol