Getting my Pathfinder cleaned?

Several days ago there was someone working on the road where I normally enter the highway. They were cutting open the concrete sidewalk with a high saw and water was splashing everywhere. The water that ran into the pavement has so much junk in it it looked white and milky.

When my PF drove through the intersection it had a large puddle of this dirty water and it splashed that stuff on the underside of the car as well as the front, sides and back of the truck almost half way up the truck.

At first I thought this is just some dirt I can easily wash off. Not so. I went through the cash wash for an initial wash, and later used a self service car wash to thoroughly clean it. However, still I was not able to get rid of half the dirt. It looked like the concrete water has gotten itself on my paint, then when it dried, it formed a thin crust of cement on top. Even using self service car wash's jet spray cannot wash it off. I Some of this stuff got into the cracks and crevices and it is impossible to get rid of. The entire underside of the car has this stuff, any idea what I can do? I used a sponge on it with mixed results, my if I sponge it hard, I am concerned to scratch the paint with this wet cement powder.

Thanks for any advise.

orangetrader

I've had a few small spots like that on my car. I probably didn't have as much affected surface area as yours. I had good luck with vinegar. Put the vinegar on with a sponge and hose it off. Just be sure to rinse very well and wax the car when you're done.

Reply to
nfisherman