Golly that Niss Tech guy.......amazing

I'm mostly a lurker on this ng, but it never fails to amaze me how that NissTech guy seems to know everything, and he seems so friendly and happy to share the info too, helpful hints abound !

Golly if he's not already married, I reckon just about every Lass drivin' a Datsun/Nissan would like to take him home for herself ! (err, just to make sure that her car is kept in well maintained order, I mean, of course ! :)

My poor lil Nissan Bluebird ran into a kangaroo the other day. Just about dawn I's cruising along at 85 kmh when *BANG* I knew I'd hit a 'roo because I saw his head above the bonnet, just as I's hitting him. Oh well, I managed to get it mostly straightened out. Fortunately I just caught the edge of the 'roo. Busted the turn indicator light into a billion bits and dented up the mudguard (fender) some and the corner of the front bumper a lot, and the driver's (right hand) door a little dent as he skittered down the side. The headlight was dislodged from it's adjuster but unbroken, so I's able to remove that and re-fit it properly. Still, the 'roo died instantly so I guess it had a worse day than I did

cheers

Spam-block in action

Catherine Jemma.......(Keeper of The Gem of Amara) Outback Western Australia .... snipped-for-privacy@agn.net.au.knickers

(Remove knickers before replying)

Reply to
Catherine Jemma

Well, I don't make a habit of it, but if it's really FRESH roadkill like in her case...

John D.

Reply to
John D.

That is a shame. You should be more cautious. To boast and make fun that you killed an animal is cold and shows your total lack of concern.

Reply to
Dlanor P. Hcnud

"Be more cautions?" Excuse me...but the animal jumped into the path of a moving vehicle. Would you rather have everyone drive at 5 mph in a rural area just to avoid striking an animal that suddenly appeared in front of the vehicle? Would you have the same sympathy for the animal if it's carcass went through the windshield of the vehicle you're in and killed someone?

Reply to
this is me...

On top of that, roos are vermin in Australia anyway, like river crocs are, yet they are protected by liberal environmentalists, IIRC.

I'm surprised "the authorities" didn't throw her in jail for "murdering" a poor, innocent (but stupid) roo! ;-)

But there will always be people who put animals above humans.

John D.

Reply to
John D.