Re: Nissan Micra Auto Box (N-CVD)

I have experienced cases myself of HANDBRAKE SEIZED ON (rear shoes+drums), and also I have a suspicion that my un-registered *Hack* car, it's the front disc pads that grab and bind a bit , if the cars been let sit for awhile

Can the car be pushed easily with motor stopped and transmission in neutral ?? It seems to me that that is an important early test to perform

cheers

Spam-block in action

Catherine Jemma.......(Keeper of The Gem of Amara) Outback Western Australia .... snipped-for-privacy@agn.net.au.knickers

(Remove knickers before replying)

Reply to
Catherine Jemma

Hi Chris, Did you fix your problem with your silent Micra ? Did Catherine Jemma's advice help ?

I have a 96 Micra NVCT (auto transmission) and it stopped going into gear last Saturday and it's getting looked at right now. My mechanic had to tow the car to a Nissan dealer so their computer could check it, at first they could not find any fault !! later in the day they said it's the transmission, my local mechanic is having it towed back tomorrow and he will have a look at it (the computer check was needed to see if the car's computer was not the problem)

I'm told sometimes when tranmissions safety valve trips they don't always reset properly and the car's computer won't let the transmission work untill the valve is reset.

I don't know much more so I thought I would go online and search for Nissan micra transmission problems, it's popular in the UK so there should be lot's of people there with similar problems and fixes that may help us !!!

Regards from David snipped-for-privacy@netbay.com.au

-- daveg25

's Profile:
62View this thread: