head lamp/coolant resevior removal 97 Altima

Hey all,

Hope some one can help. I have to replace the bulbs on my 97 Altima. That should be easy enough, but to get to the head lamp assemblies, the battery and coolant reservoir must be removed. The battery I can do, but the coolant tank is kicking my a**. How does this thing come out with out me ripping it off and throwing it into the street? TIA

Dear TIA.... :) It's been a while since I've removed mine, but I do recall it being a little tricky. I think it just needs to be pulled up after removing the one bolt on top. I think it sets in a rubber grommet of sorts and needs to be popped out. ? Not sure.. Here is what is said in the Haynes manual for removal....

Disconnect the overflow hose from the reservoir, and plug to prevent coolant from spilling if the reservoir is full. Unbolt the coolant reservoir and remove it from the vehicle.

That's it!

Maybe someone else will have more details to add.

Don't litter our streets....

babble

Reply to
Babble