Help NATS Help NATS Help NATS

My 1999 Nissan Primera appears to have activated the immobiliser. i hadn't run it for three days and when u try to start it the MIL light is on and the fuel is obvioisly not getting to the engine. My dealer is 20 miles away and will bew expensive to call out. Can anyone give me advice?

Thanks,

Gary

Reply to
gary.wright1

Try spare key.

Reply to
Tim..

Might try this (I've never triggered the immobilizer on mine)

Lock Mode

A series of attempts to start the vehicle using an unregistered key will cause the vehicle to

go into Lock Mode.

Note: Lock Mode sets a Diagnostic Trouble Code (P-1610) in the ECM.

To bring the vehicle out of Lock Mode:

  1. Insert a registered key and turn ON the ignition switch. Wait 10 seconds.

  1. Remove the key and wait 10 seconds.

  2. Insert the same key again and turn ON the ignition switch. Wait 10 seconds.

  1. Remove the key and wait 10 seconds.

  2. Insert the key and start the vehicle.
Reply to
Gary