HELP re alarm / lock problem

In cold weather the doorlocks on our 1993 Pathfinder sometimes do strange things like locking the car when we shut the door. I'm told this is probably due to a faulty lock actuator.

I could use your advice on two questions:

  1. Is the actuator easy to replace?

  1. Our alarm system has begun to go off at random times. Is this possibly also due to a bad actuator?

Thanks,

-Al

Reply to
Al Cunniff

All the actuator does AFAIK is push and pull on the lock mechanism. It is just a solenoid that has no interaction per say with the alarm.

Reply to
Meat Plow