Should I replace muffler cover?

I have a 1993 Pathfinder, and I just noticed that something that seems to be a muffler cover is hanging down, ready to fall off.

What's this part called, and what function does it serve? Should I replace it?

Thanks,

-Al

Reply to
Al Cunniff

I have a friend who owns a muffler shop. The muffler is probably stainless and the outside is just a covering that you can do without

Reply to
Meat Plow