Location of driver's door actuator?

I have a 93 Pathfinder and in cold weather the doorlocks sometimes lock themselves when we shut the door. I'm told this is most likely the actuator in the driver's side door. I have two questions:

1) Where is this actuator located, and what does it look like?

2) Do I need to replace the entire unit, or just a component of the actuator?

Thanks

-Al

Reply to
Al Cunniff