How to remove altima speed sensor - altima 98 automatic 2.4l

Hello,

I think i have located the sensor on top of the transaxle case. So you access it from the upside near the middle of the engine. I have removed the bolt but was not able to remove the sensor. How should i remove it (it turns but does not come to me). I hope i have identified the good sensor.

Thank's, Luc D.

PS: for those who want to know my pb in detail : I have an intermitent issue related to the speed sensor. I have the speed sensor code in the computer. Sometimes the car is locked on the first gear. Strangely it never occurs when cold. It occurs when the engine is warm, and if i turn off the car and on again, it disapears for some times. I am thinking now that it could be a bad connector, or an intermitent shortcut, but i wand to check the sensor to be sure. Was also thinking it could be an intermitent pb in the instrument cluster as it converts the speed sensor info to the ECU. Or it could be an issue related to the speed position sensor in the lever.

Reply to
luc.destombe

I did a test drive yesterday and today, 200km (150 miles), and it looks like the pb has disapeared. I replugged a ground wire on the automatic gearbox that was unplugged. And replugged the speed sensor. I think it was a bad contact somewhere.

Do you know if i can clean the electrical contactors with a contact cleaner, someone has ever done that ?

Also i want to protect from water (some wires protections are missing), contactor half breaked,... wath do you use to do that kind of electrical job ?

Thank's, Br, Luc D.

Reply to
luc.destombe