I30 heater problem

Got a 96 I30 and love it. No problems until recently. Seems that the heat will only get warm after the car has accelerated for a while on the road. Heat will NOT come on when idling and if it was hot while going down the road, the minute I come to a stop, it starts blowing cold again.

Any ideas? Greatly appreciated... thanks for reading : )

Reply to
ambro23

Top up your coolant. Radiator must be low. Also if it's low, you might have a coolant leak as well. You must get it check before it gets expensive fast.

Reply to
Ernest

Could also be a vacuum leak thats preventing one of the vent flaps from staying closed, since you say that it only happens while idling or at a stop. Check both solutions, your car might have a special way that the coolant must be bled as my Sentra has.

Reply to
LouieG

The cooling system on the I30, same as the Maxima, is very simple to bleed. But 1st, replace your radiator cap.

Bleeding the system:

Let the car cool down. Take the radiator cap off Start the car and let it warm up You may want to rev the engine afew times to warm up faster. Once warm you will see coolant flowing. Keep doing that, revving a few times, bubbles will come up. Once you get to a point where you see no bubbles, it''s all good.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

What worked?