Idling question for 91 pathfinder

Engine started idling real low at stops. When in park it idles fine (about 1000 RPM) but when I put it in gear it drops down to less than 500 RPM. I adjusted the idle while it was in gear to get it to idle at close to 1000 RPM. But that puts it at close to 2000 RPM when in park. It did not do this before, it just started doing this a couple days ago. What could cause this idling issue. One note, the EGR valve is not being used right now. A piece has broken where the vacuum line runs from the top of the EGR valve to a little black module. I am having to hunt down a replacement. But this happened almost a week ago and the vehicle ran fine for 4 days after it broke. Any ideas?

Reply to
towed2much

RPM) but when I put it in gear it drops down to less than 500 RPM. I adjusted the idle while it was in gear to get it to idle at close to 1000 RPM. But that puts it at close to 2000 RPM when in park. It did not do this before, it just started doing this a couple days ago. What could cause this idling issue. One note, the EGR valve is not being used right now. A piece has broken where the vacuum line runs from the top of the EGR valve to a little black module. I am having to hunt down a replacement. But this happened almost a week ago and the vehicle ran fine for 4 days after it broke. Any ideas?

JEEEZ word wrap word wrap WORD WRAP!

Don't try to make adjustments with BROKEN EMISSIONS COMPONENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And normal idle is around 600 RPMs, not 1000.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

You were right. Call it a blonde moment. Replaced EGR valve and idling issue resolved.

Reply to
towed2much