j30

Some one wants to sell me a 1994 infiniti j30 with 148k miles. he wants $2000, should I buy it? are these good cars? will it last long?

Reply to
Apala Man

The J30 was a nice car. It already has lasted long. What you should be concerned with in buying a 13 year old car with 148k miles of any make or model is what its condition is now. Are there any maintenance records? Does it look like its been used as a rolling outhouse? Why does he only want $2000 for it, as they were in the neighborhood of $40,000 when new?

The J30s use a version of the V6 engine from the 300Z. It has a timing belt that requires periodic changing. There are a number of "Z" groups on the net. You could browse a few of them and see what sort of discussions are going on about the engines as they age.

Reply to
E. Meyer