Junkyard shopping for wheels for a 98 Sentra

Does anyone know which cars are good sources for wheels for a 98 Sentra? I plan on going to a junkyard and want to know what to look for. Thanks!

Reply to
Mauricio

So, you are saying the RWD corola wheels (and, I would guess, Supra wheels) would fit a FWD Sentra? I did not know that. =)

I was at the yard today and saw a 91 Sentra XE. Would those wheels also fit?

Reply to
Mauricio

Don't know, don't have access to wheels from 91 Sentra XE. I could try some

1988 sentra wheels I have access to, but i'm lazy and they are 20 away.

But needless to say I had no problem with the pair of wheels from 76-79 RWD corolla. Exact vintage unknown as franky I can't tell the diffrent years apart. 13 inch nothing special except I must admit they did fair better then the painted wheels on my base model.

Reply to
matt zukowski

I'd be quite surprised if the wheels off a RWD Toyota had the same offset as the wheels on a FWD Sentra. Just because the bolt circle matches doesn't mean they fit.

FYI - you can buy _new_ steel wheels from tirerack for short money. If you need tires too, they'll mount and balance at no charge. New wheels will be correct in offset, will be straight with no dings, etc. You might quickly blow off any savings on junkyard wheels in mounting, remounting, and balancing costs with used wheels.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

I am aware of that. However, the reason I am after one steel wheel is that I want to replace the bloody donut tire with a normal one. If I am going to tirerack, I might as well get some 15s for the entire car so I can use normal tires. =)

Reply to
Mauricio