Looking at a Totaled out 03 Pathfinder

This is at a body shop down the road. It is a 03 Pathfinder LE loaded with everything. 15K miles from a town 30 miles away. This car took a hit on the driver side. It took out the left finder it did hit the wheel and took out door. I saw the pictures of the wreck. It took no engine damage. Really did not look to bad. The wheel did take a hit. I do know the fellow who owns the BODY Shop. He is pretty honest. He has fixed a wrecked truck of mine a few years back. The price on this is 15K starting out. He told me he could come down some more. This does have a wrecked title

He told me when he was finished I could take it to any front end shape to be checked/put on a laser. I've been told no way to buy this. When a unibody is damaged it is out and will haunt you forever. This is for my daughter who is in her 3rd year of college. I was hoping this to be her last car from me. Her ride now has 100K and time to find one.

Ok give me the goods and bads and what I need to know about this Car.. Lay it on me The truck I now drive was totaled out. It is a 92 Z71 I have 298K miles on it. I'm on the side of buying this but what to get the facts and things to think about. Tks Dmac Tenn

Reply to
Fatdaddys

As long as your not like any of my customers that whine about every little problem that happens that they think could remotely be related to the accident, you should be ok..

Reply to
Paradox

I wouldn't do it. It all depends on the shop and their quality of work. Unfortunately most do just enough to make it look road worthy. You won't find out what they missed until years later (like so the airbags still work). What does a college student need with a gas guzzling SUV anyway?

Reply to
JimV

Why do you need to replace a car with only 100K miles?

everything. 15K miles from a town 30 miles away.

the wheel and took out door. I saw the pictures of

take a hit.

fixed a wrecked truck of mine a few years back.

more. This does have a wrecked title

checked/put on a laser.

will haunt you forever.

to be her last car from me.

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

It's probably an American car.

everything. 15K miles from a town 30 miles away.

hit the wheel and took out door. I saw the pictures of

did take a hit.

fixed a wrecked truck of mine a few years back.

more. This does have a wrecked title

checked/put on a laser.

will haunt you forever.

to be her last car from me.

Reply to
Willshak

This is my daughters car who is in college. She drives 400 miles home and back. When it is a kid you just don't want no high mileage trouble. This BUG has 110K miles on it. I changed timing belt, tune up, new brakes, oil changed ever 3K. It runs good but its just that time for a newer one. No my son, his has 175K on his Xterra. He can drive that till the wheels fall off. I done babied his ass, pad his pockets. He is out of my hip pocket, time for his young ass to get a job... No my little sweetie girl needs something good to drive... And I catch her young as in another girls gone wild tape I'M done with her.

Reply to
Fatdaddys