Looking for 1989 Sentra with 30,000 or less miles

Client will pay top $.

Must be in very good condition.

Joe in Northern, NJ - V#8013-R

Currently Riding The "Mother Ship"

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?

Joe

I'm curious. What is so special/unique/endearing about that model?

I thought that the 92 Sentra SE was the "classic"

CD

Reply to
codifus

Not sure except tht maybe he is taking my reccomendation on it. I had one go 300,000+ miles and only went to teh junk yard due to severe rust...

Reply to
Joe

What's classic about a 92 that isn't classic in a 93?

JPM Owner of 93 Sentra XE w

Reply to
DemoDisk

Valve stem caps.

Reply to
Joe

Nostalgia? Maybe he owned one once.

Reply to
willshak

willshak wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com:

any 1989 model,even with only 30K miles on it,will have a lot of problems,like degraded seals and plastic parts,and probably rust from sitting unused most of the time. And with that low a mileage,I'd suspect a tampered odometer.

What's "top dollar" for a 19 yr old Sentra??? ;-)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Does that really matter? What are the chances of finding that age of a vehicle with that type of miles, in any sort of decent shape?

Reply to
BaJoRi

You're right. The 91 thru 94 Sentra SER were the same car . . designation B13 . . all classics.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

And the SE-R's are 'da bomb LouieG, owner of a 92 & 93 SE-R

Reply to
LouieG

My '92 is an XE. So, what's the difference? I would guess SE is "Special Edition" and XE is "eXtreme Edition" but my car is pretty basic.

Reply to
Plague Boy

SE-R came with a larger engine (2.0 liter, SR20DE) and a number of upgrades.... Between 91-94 they changed the engine in the SE-Rs (high port vs low port) I don't remember which year, and which was 'better'

Reply to
Gary

It's more than that. The SR20DE still exists and was used even in the Infiniti G20. The SR20DE in the b13 Sentra, however, was special. Back in 91, carmakers didn't have too stringnet emissions criteria to meet. When Nissan made that SR20DE, that version had some very enthusiastic cams. It wasn't too emissions friendly, but had mucho cohones:) Couple that with a very light body and a well balanced suspension in the SE-R, it became a renowned pocket rocket. Other cars in that category include the now very old BMW 2002, the Acura Integra GSR (Evolved to the RSX now) etc.

CD

Reply to
codifus