Murano strut longevity??

My partner has one of the first Muranos sold. It's 2WD, and is a great car that now has accumulated about 83k miles.

It appears that all four corners are pretty floppy - needs struts and shocks. There is no visible leakage. The dealer quoted $1500. Other cars in my life seem to last a lot longer than that, and cost a lot less! Does that make sense to you?

???

Thanks, Ike

Reply to
Ike

I bought the struts and shocks from a local aftermarket parts dealer and had them installed at Pep Boys. Total cost for the rear was under $175. The front was under $350. That's a huge difference. Shocks and struts are not rocket science and if the parts are SAE certified that's good enough for me.

Reply to
Reece Talley

I have one of the very first AWD Murano's which now has 111K. I had to replace the front struts at around 65K, they were TOTALLY shot, even though not leaking until the very last few miles. It cost over $800 for this job at my dealer. this was my 13th Nissan, and the first time I've ever experienced an expensive repair at such an early stage. I also had to replace the entire driver's side window and assembly because a plastic support clip broke (that holds the window)... which was another $800.00.

I've been told several times since that I overpaid, but at the same time, it seems that everyone that does the job at a dealer is paying big bucks just as I did.

Recently I was told that a seal was starting to leak a little in the back of the engine, and to replace it would be around $1100.00, which is almost totally for labor. I think the gasket is $5.00.

Has anyone had to replace seals or gaskets in their Murano engine?

Willy

Reply to
Willy