I want.

I found this in the TDIclub forums. It's already been sold, but damn this looks like one nice car:

Includes pictures at the bottom. From the site:

I am officially relinquishing control over the only Corrado TDI in this hemisphere. I'm selling the car to help fund several new projects. I've logged 69K on the car since I converted it in October of 2000. The '98 Jetta III TDI engine had 32k on it when I bought it so the total mileage on the engine is 101k. I have used Delvac 1 at 10k intervals. The engine was installed as per the factory wiring diagram for the Jetta III and the Corrado had the same fuse block so the swap was more or less plug and play and a game of mix and match to boot. The engine bay looks stock. The diagnostic port is the same as all of the rest of the cars and allows scanning of the engine and ABS brakes. Some mods I have performed and some other details are as follows:

  1. The car has the first factory 11mm pump swap in the U.S. into an A3 engine. I created this mod and the associated parts.
  2. The car has .205mm factory injectors with 17k on them. I use the silver bottle Power Service always-- 8oz. per tank.
  3. An Upsolute chip set may be included but the combination of large injector pump and large injectors creates extra smoke when run in conjunction with the chip set. It is an absolute rocket, however, with the chips installed but it's still very fast otherwise. No dyno runs have made but Ima guessing that it's putting out 135hp/240tq to the ground.
4.  Car gets a lifetime average of 43 m.p.g. and the mileage (speedo, odo) has been calibrated with a GPS device. The best mpg to date is just under 47mpg. Range is 720 miles under good circumstances, 600 in poorer ones. I have never cruised at less than 80mph.
  1. Car has 14" BBS wheels with 10" brakes from A3. I downsized my brakes to save 8 pounds of unsprung weight per corner and get a little more sidewall for comfort. The lighter wheels make a handling difference you can feel. Dunlop SP8000 tires are half gone and the wheels are perfectly straight. Brakes work perfectly even if they are slightly smaller in diameter. Calipers are the same as Corrado G60's.
  2. Car has ABS from a Corrado VR6 with EDL low speed traction control (up to
27mph). Four wire hook up. Good mod. Saved me once and a pedestrian's knees once.
  1. The car has new front bearings, cv boots, and higher performance factory control arm bushings and new ball joints. The steering rack was newly rebuilt three years ago.
  2. The car has four Bilstein HD shocks/struts with VR6 strut bearings for long life along with stock G60 springs. Not too harsh. I don't have a front sway bar on the car but one is included with the car. As a new parts seller, I will warranty the Bilsteins for as long as I am selling parts.
  3. Car has never been hit!
  4. Sunroof needs three fixit parts to work again. I don't want to fix it. Motor is fine.
  5. Speed dependent rear spoiler works fine.
  6. The exhaust is Techtonics Tuning from the trap oxidizer back. I welded a very heavy flange to the back of the kitty and the also flanged cat back starts there with no neck down. In other words, it is a true 2.5" exhaust with the exception of the stock '98 Jetta downpipe. The exhaust is virtually silent and has a Borla stainless muffler with mild piping. Tail pipe is very plain and round. Exhaust has ten years left on it.
  7. Car is absolutely rust free. It has some door dings, most of which would go away if the right dentless repair guy had a shot at the car. Wasn't important to me.
  8. Car has a dieselgeek.com short shifter!
  9. Car has 0 Euro headlights with custom relay harnesses (4 of them) running every filament. It will burn down trees! There is a veritable carpet of white light from the 80/100W bulbs.  Never got around to putting 100W driving light bulbs in it since I rarely run them though the relays can surely handle them.
  10. Unfortunately, the car has no vestiges of an EGR system. I might provide the equipment if the next owner had plans to drive the car on a public highway...Breathe deeply.
  11. The car has had a cracked windshield for five years and I will replace it right before the sale to ensure I don't get a stone chip. I'm very unlucky with new windshields.
  12. Car has a '95 Passat 2.0 cluster with MFA trip computer which looks like stock. I never made the mpg meter work. It can be done.
  13. Car has the dieselgeek.com oil cooler kit installed. 212 degree cruise temp at 80mph. A 232 degree oil temp was an all time high on the climb to my favorite ski mountain.
  14. Car is child friendly. Car seat fits fine.
  15. A/C works fine. I replaced the compressor last summer. It runs R-134. The fan and radiator were renewed three years ago.
  16. The radio is stock and the car could use some stereo love.
  17. The transmission has the .717 fifth gear for lower noise. 0 cost on that gear set.
  18. Nobody else has one! (in the U.S. that is..)
  19. You get a complimentary 3 months worth of tech support though you won't need it.
Reply to
Matt Anderson