NISSAN FRONTIER IS KILLING ME!!! HELP!!

Simply, it began with needing an oil change. Easy enough. On the way to the shop, the "service engine soon" light came on... The knock sensor is bad.... The next day, the intake is leaking coolant... The 3rd day, tie rods are bad (i already knew it was on its way)... The 4th day, sent wrong tie rods (Monday morning the right ones will be here)... The 7th day, tie rods are wrong twice!! 8th day, Nissan overnights tie rods... WRONG ONES.

9th day, Nissan says mine is not part of a "tie rod recall" (which I can find no record of). Mid-9th day, it IS part of the recall. 10th day, recall tie rod assembly IS WRONG!! All of these tie rods do not fit the truck. Now some wax ring, I don't know what the heck it is, is bad... it's leaking coolant. Evidently, the leak has been so slight, coolant never hit the ground, only left its rusty mark.

Existing problem since date of purchase - while breaking, the truck shakes/bounces, sometimes a bit, sometimes a lot... Nissan says, "it's fine." Every shop says its fine. It's having trouble holding a wheel balance as well.

I just dumped a bunch of money on tires/wheels and a lift! And I don't know the last time I drove it. Does anyone PLEASE, PLEASE have any advice??? I'm confident on the mechanic, I've known him for over 5 years, he works on all my vehicles. Any help would be great!

Reply to
arizonababydoll

Start by re-evaluating how good this mechanic is. Your first clue is the knock sensor incident, By itself the knock sensor code does not turn on the "service engine soon" light. Whatever lit the light, it couldn't have been that. There are (were?) more codes in there that your mechanic didn't bother to read. Your second clue is the tie rod business. Obviously, this guy isn't ordering the right part. Find a different mechanic. This one is either too clueless or too lazy to get it right.

Reply to
E Meyer

From your story I'm not very confident in him!

-SP