NISSAN MICRA- A REAL PUZZLE!

I started my car 9am this morning and it was fine, i moved it out of the way of another. I then went out at 1pm and the engine would not start although it was making the usual noises so that it is about to start. I tried jump leads and they still didnt work.. so it is not the battery- what has been suggested to me is that because it is a really hot day it has bee sitting in the sun for a few hours that could have caused something to overheat? could that be the problem or could the fuel pump be gone? HELP!!!!

Reply to
javtru

It *might* be the fuel pump, but then it *might* be just about anything. Often wires for the ignition (either the high or low voltage side) become loose or broken, or still connected but dirty and not making good contact

You sorta need to narrow down the possibilities some.

If you don't know much about cars, can you have a trusted neighbour look at it for you perhaps ?

Sometimes the "auto club" (In England RAC or AA or in USA AAA or whatever your local one is called) will attend vehicles which don't start at home

However the rules vary with different auto-clubs, and for some "assistance for a breakedown at home" is an extra cost option. You may also be classed as lower priority, than someone who's broken down at night, outside the crackhouse in a bad part of town !

Those guys know what to look for, and things like loose wires etc, they find them and fix them. If it needs a proper repair and spare parts, at least they'll tell you what needs fixing, and might give you a rough estimate as to whether you should be expecting a bill for $100 or a $1000

To anyone that doesn't know much about cars, and especially if you're driving anything more than say 4 years old, I'd recommend that you do some course/nightclass re home-mechanics or at least join your relavent state/country's auto club motoring organisation

I can fix most things myself, but especially, the handful of times I've been broken down at night, the feeling of relief you get when the bright yellow van arrives, the piece of mind is worth $ 62 a year (Australian)

cheers

Reply to
Catherine Jemma