Nissan Micra G plate 89 1.0L

She keeps slipping out of third.

I have not checked gearbox oil level yet. I assume this will be a new ( recon) gearbox but any other advice would be appreciated. I do have a lot of time on my hands so would consider rebuilding .

Any advice would be great

Just one more thhing if i keep a grip on the gearknob it does stop it slipping out ???????????

Reply to
Capstick

Sounds like the third gear synchromesh is broken.

Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg