Nissan Micra stalling

I have a 1989 1.2L Micra about 78000 miles. Runs fine apart from the engine doesn't idle, i.e. when waiting in traffic I have to continually rev the engine. I'm getting annoyed of looking like a rude boy! Also when coming up to a roundabout/junction the engine always stalls when I put the clutch in. Has anyone experienced this before? Or am I going to have to rev my engine all the time?!

Thanks Stuart

Reply to
sheap

Can we assume you have poked around looking for a vacuum leak?

Telstar Electronics

If it is drinking fuel and acting in the way you describe, I would suspect that the air hose between the filter and the carb has split. This happened to me with a Vauxhall Cavalier so that I had to rev the nuts off of it when stopped.

Reply to
Oso