Nissan Pickup AC

Hello to you all,

I purchased a new 1996 Nissan Pickup in Colorado and it did not come with an AC now I live in Texas and it does get real hot and Humid and I am thinking about installing an AC system, buying one from a junk yard and from the same vehicle can this be possible.

Thanks for the advice Norm

Reply to
NS

Possible, but probably not practical unless you just have nothing better to do. I would sell the truck and buy one with a factory A/C.

Reply to
Rob Munach

There is a whole lot more to installing AC than just hooking up a compressor and some hoses. There is all the ductwork, the electrical department would need to be examined, you'd have to purchase and mount the expansion valve, condenate drain, condensor, and the pulleys may need to be changed which could be quite involved. Might need a different wiring harness which might include a new fuse box. How about the controls on the dash? My guess is that it would cost you a whole lot more in time, money, and frustration trying to add it than just selling the truck and getting with the AC already installed.

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Woodell

The book shows that the cabin AC unit/ thermostat/valve is a module that replaces a duct extension in a non AC vehicle, looks fairly easy. You will need all the brackets and hoses plus the condenser. Best bet would be to remove everything from a wreck. Don't give more than 600 for everything, for a bit more than this you can usually get the whole wreck with it's ton of other spares. You most likely already have the electrical pig tail next to where the compressor mounts. It will be some work to install, but would be worth it if you want to keep the truck.

installed.

Reply to
Johnboy

Complete kits are available from the dealership for most of the hardbody (D21 series) pick up trucks

Reply to
NissTech