Nissan Sentra/Pulsar head gasket?

Engine is GA15de (1.5 litre chain driven camshaft) First symptom was sudden release of coolant from under the inlet manifold. Haven't got there yet to see what's gone - but it doesn't seem to be pipes from radiator to or from or around the pump, but I won't be able to see where without first removing the manifold. The water has lots (really lots) of oil in it - but there's no trace of water in the oil. Was running fine, oil / filters etc changed a couple of weeks ago - and not a hint of oil in the water then. Car was stopped immediately when the pipe went. It looks like it may have been blowing back into the header tank for a few minutes before it blew - there's a bit of oil in there too. I guess it has to be a head gasket, but before I rip it to pieces, is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks.

Reply to
frederick