nissan truck 2.4l 4cyl 8spark plugs

Hi Just purchased a 1988 2.4l 4cyl nissan truck and looking under the hood, noticed it had 8 spark plugs.

Could somebody explain the purpose of having 8 spark plugs.

Thank You, Ray

Reply to
RayP

More is better!

Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg

Um, nice try Bill. ;-)

Basically, the extra spark plug is a part of emissions control. The "NAPS" in NAPS-Z = "Nissan Anti-Pollution System" = "hemi" combustion chamber head with 2 spark plugs/cylinder.

Brent.

Reply to
brentlz

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 02:28:08 GMT, "RayP" scribbled:

The idea is that the extra spark plug will be able to burn more fuel, therefore minimising wasted fuel. That's probably as concise as you can get ;-).

-- Phillip Weston Taumarunui, New Zealand

Phillip Weston

So, more is not better?

Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg

Ray,

Have a look at:

and

Cheers, Geoff Glave Vancouver, Canada

Reply to
Geoff Glave

You just bought yourself a FINE TRUCK.

I am the original owner of an 89 truck just like yours. Now has 164,000 miles on it and it runs like it did the day I bought it. No rust, no squeaks or rattles, never had a problem.

BUT -- read the owner's manual and do the regular maintenance. And don't go laying Evil Knievel with it.

Reply to
Joe S.