Clutch noise?

I bled the brakes a couple of weeks ago (on my 2000 2.0L Focus) Zetec and with it the clutch hydraulic fluid as it's all part of the same system.

Since bleeding the clutch fluid, when I depress the clutch pedal all the way down, there is a distinct "rubbing" sound. If I lift the pedal an inch, the noise goes away and the clutch is still sufficiently released to use as normal. The noise definately wasn't there beforehand.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Davey

Possibility: it may be that bleeding the clutch has allowed the release bearing to have a tiny bit more movement, the clutch fingers that the release bearing pushes against may have previously worn to some extent, now the bearing is moving slightly beyond the previous movement area and makes a noise. A new cluch fitted is about 500 quid, so you will probably want to live with the noise for a while and see how it develops.

Reply to
Mrcheerful