2003 focus clutch

my car only has 25,000 miles on it. I knew my clutch was a goner when the engine would race when pressing the accelerator pedal. After the local dealer postponed my coming in for service, my car would not move when I tried to start it. Then when I pressed the clutch pedal, something broke and the pedal fell to the floor.

The dealer at first tried to say it may not be covered under my 5 year

100,000 mile warranty - after being pushy, the dealer conceded.
Reply to
art

I'd say you have a case. Simple wear on a clutch is not normally covered, but in this case you obviously have a defective part, probably the throwout bearing. Good luck.

Reply to
Dave Gower