now low beam.

1990 KC . Headlamps work on high beam only. Where do I start looking for the problem?
Reply to
Polaris

" Polaris" wrote in news:9rS4b.127751$K44.125543@edtnps84:

Is it one or both headlamps? Did they both go out at the same time? Sounds strange because each lamp has its own wiring and switch. Did you check the fuses?

It could also be a burnt bulb, or carbonized contacts on the switch.

Later.

Reply to
Ed

Both HL. Bought the truck as a fixer upper.And it came that way. Bought replacement Sealbeams, still same prob. Carbonized contact on switch at the steering colum??

Thanks for the help Ed.

Reply to
Polaris
1990 KC . Headlamps work on high beam only. Where do I start looking for the problem?

-- Polaris

Reply to
NissTech
1990 KC . Headlamps work on high beam only. Where do I start looking for the problem?

-- Polaris

Reply to
Polaris

" Polaris" wrote in news:SgU4b.128186$K44.38410@edtnps84:

Yes. Take the switch out of the column, clean the contacts with a screwdriver or similar (no need to take off the cover).

Reply to
Ed