oil/oil filter survey

Actually, back then, Frams's were great filters. That's why we used them.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

I can't remember if my old 79 toyota corolla took a fram ph8 or a ph16.... I know I used which ever one was larger as it fit the 1966 ford f-250 as well.

But I will say this... I used castrol 20/50 regular oil for roughly 200,000 miles of my car's lifespan, out of a total of 360,000 miles. The car is still operational, though at this point could use either a valve adjustment or grind. It's not mine anymore so. I could have done better on my oil changes though, 3000-4000 was my average chainge.

I'm willing to believe that switching to synth oil for my current nissan may be better, but i'm set in my ways and i'm a cheep bastard. I'll probally switch to a nissan filter if I can find them localy cheeply. It's been on the non-synth castrol for 50,000 miles of it's life, and i'm just going to stick to it. It works and has proven it self to me in the past.

Reply to
matt zukowski

Matt,

Check out this website: Nissan OEM filers (blue) for about 1/2 the price you'd pay at the dealership:

Good luck,

John D.

Reply to
John D.