Pathfinder : General Consensus?

Hello all...

I am considering purchasing a Nissan Pathfinder, either a new '03 or '04 , or a used '00. What is the general thought of their owners. Do you like them? Is there a common known issue with the model? Any feedback is appreciated....

Reply to
DK533

JimV

I have a 99.5 and once I got a couple bugs worked out, I think it is a great SUV.

Reply to
Mind Melt

The '01's and newer have the 3.5 motor, which is much nicer than the older model motors. I think they're all great vehicles, though I wouldn't buy anything older than '01 just because of the engine.

Reply to
ppointer

Just got a 2003.

To early to tell about durability. Otherwise in love with it. Roomy, lots of power and comfortable at155 Km /hr on the highway.

-not recommended, professional driver only on a private road

Reply to
CM8

Why? I drive that fast on my way to work on a regular basis. I usually go between 120 - 140 but occasionally hit 150+.

Oh, and the highway patrol seems to go about the same speed, so I don't feel to concerned.

Ahhh, life in a Maxima.

Reply to
The Creature From Groom Lake

The 3.3L has adequate power unless you feel the need to burn rubber. My

99.5 cruises effortlessly at the speed limit. And gets there quick enough that you can do well over 65 MPH by the time you merge on the interstate. And gets decent milage for a 4x4. I don't feel the need to drag race or get tickets either.
Reply to
Mind Melt

I've owned three Pathfinders, logged over 100K on all of them and NEVER had a repair other than normal maintenance. (I've owned 11 new Nissans including an 03 Murano in the driveway).

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Warrren Pease chomped on road pizza and belched:

No problem. I used to do contract work as an outside vendor for Nissant of North America's consumer relations dept. They laughed at their customers and treated them like crap.

You couldn't give me a Nissant.

Reply to
Torllski Bait Shop ®