place to take my Pathfinder in Utah

Anyone know of a good place to take my 96 pathfinder in SLC county or Utah County?

Reply to
Ted

The bottom of the Salt Lake?

Reply to
Terry D

hmmm

Probally not right now.... I need work done on it..

Reply to
Ted

Sorry for the pathetic joke Ted. I'm from the UK and keep looking in vain for postings referring to Nissan models available over here. I've never heard of most of the Nissan models mentioned on this newsgroup. Personally, I have a 1996 Nissan Almera. A great little car, five speed manual and no AC (but who needs that in England?).

The price of petrol (or gas) over here is $4.46 for the equivalent of a US gallon, or $5.36 per British gallon. Why on earth do you use a different gallon over there? After all, we invented it in the first place, although we're now forced to use metric measurements by the beloved EU. I'm very tempted to sell up and move to Florida - I can buy a better house than mine for $150,000 and still have money in the bank. You Americans may have problems (guns & Bush for instance), but I think I could have a much better quality of life over there.

Interestingly (or maybe not), my surname is Dutson, very close to the old Nissan name - Datsun!

Terry D. (from the good old UK)

Reply to
Terry D

Ken Garff Nissan in downtown SLC is good. Either Simon or Cory will do a good job taking care of your needs.

Reply to
Harry Balls

Hey -- we kicked some British butt back in 1812. Don't make us do it again! Besides, when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Okay -- I'm only trying to be humorous. One day, we colonists will learn that the best politicians live in the UK and that our rebellious little country would have been so much better off over the past two centuries had we just hailed the queen and paid our tea tax.

Reply to
ppointer

Na... Their policy is to charge before the work is done. I don't think that is right. Been burned too many times by that policy.

Reply to
Ted

No, their policy is to charge you for work performed, including diagnosis. Their technicians deserve to be paid for working on your car, just as you feel you deserve to be paid for doing whatever job you claim to do. If you want freebies, just go to Autozone and they will be happy to sell you parts using the shotgun approach.

Reply to
Harry Balls

Wrong they wanted 50 bucks before they had ever even taken the car into the place or look at.... That doesn't work too well when your dealing with warrenties either....

Reply to
Ted

Then you misunderstood them. They do charge for diagnostics, but not in advance. Call them back and they will be happy to explain the process to you. They do not charge before they will look at the vehicle. They will, however, give you an up-front quote to diagnose your vehicle. Do you feel their technicians don't deserve to be paid for work performed? Do you ever volunteer to work for free at your place of employment?

Reply to
Harry Balls