Possible nu be Japanese car buyer

Have a 99 Buick Century which I'm looking to replace this next year. I'm 60 yrs. old and wanting to get something that is going to be reliable for quite a few years. Sooo, have been looking at the Honda Accord sedan, which I 'like' the looks of and the Nissan Altima, which I 'love' the looks of. So presently leaning towards the Altima. Not familiar with the factory reccommended maint. schedules and am wondering about the costs of maintaining a Nissan versus the average American car? I have looked at the

2.5 and 3.5 models on the lot and the 2.5 model priced at about 20K is better for my budget than the 24K price of the 3.5. Don't know at this point if I can be happy with the 2.5 model as the 3.5 has a lot of extra equip. I like. But my main concern at this point is the performance of the 2.5 on the road. I'm sure it does quite well around town. Will test drive one eventually but doubt I will get a real feel of it's performance on the road especially with some weight in it and the AC running. Would appreciate your thoughts and experience with this car. Thanks.
Reply to
Paul

The 2.5 IS a new build for NISSAN. IT powers the Sentra and that Vehicle FLAT MOVES... The Altima, as it is a FWD uses the PWR very nicely and even had to be detuned to remove the Torque steer. Which means you will have NO trouble on the road, hills or around town. I had an 2k SE which was a NISMO edition from the Factory. Had Carbon fibre and bigger rotors, etc.. It was built and put on the road for top dealers only. This unit only had the 2.4 in it with NISMO Strut braces, Air intake and we took it LOADED with 3 full size adults to Sears Point. Over 3 passes and into +90 heat. It never missed a beat, ran up hill at 75 with pwr to spare and got 28mpg.

You will not be unhappy. I have been rebuilding, modifieing and racing NISSAN for over

15 years. I truly enjoy what they can do.

Just my views and experience. RZ

Reply to
ZTech