Primera developed new noise in when turning

I have a 2000 build primera 1.8s it has about 65,000 and has never missed a service. It has developed a 'singing' when ever I go around a right turn or a roundabout. The faster and the sharper the turn, the louder it is. Initially I thought that the sound was audio feedback on the radio so I turned the radio off but it carried on. It is hard to tell were the sound is coming from, there is no vibration or noticable difference in the handing. The noise also happens at motorway speeds but very quietly. What could it be and...is it expensive?

Reply to
Tricky

Could be a wheel bearing.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

thank you! Nissan charge about £170 for those who are interested.

Reply to
Tricky

Hi

I have had a simiular problem, is the steering lumpy when first start the car to go to work or to the shops if so, its probs the drive belt for your powersteering needs a nip up, check your powersteering levels too. if it is your wheel bearing jack up your car and see if there is any play on the wheel, grab the wheel place one hand at the top and the bottom and rock back and forth if you feel something its a bearing if not try your freindly mechanic

just the simple things could solve a prob, if your loaded take it to nissan, if not any good mechainc worth his salt will probs do it for half what a dealer would charge.

I hope i was some assitance to you i also have a 1.8s 2000(W)and i love it.

Reply to
Phillip Palmer via CarKB.com

Thank you. I haven't noticed anything odd with the steering however I shall bear it in mind. If it ever stops raining here I will be out to jack the car up.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky