Quest DVD

I recently purchased a 2004 Quest with the DVD option.

When the car is turned off, the player automatically ejects the disc, erasing the disc location memory. Is there a way to prevent this?. The result is that everytime we start the car, the dvd returns to the beginning of the disc, which is a problem if making a trip with multiple stops. My children aren't old enough to be remote control savy, and chapter searching everytime we start the car is a pain.

Thanks Paul

Reply to
Paul Flaherty

GOOD question! I will check that out. did you read the manual?

Reply to
KINGLIFER

Yes. It explains hitting the stop button once to save location, and twice to fully stop. Also, the "nicety" of having the disc automatically eject when the car power is turned off. The problem is that like most players, once you eject the disc, the "stop once" save location is lost. I couldn't find anywhere how to enter the player's setup menu. Most players have a menu to set language, whether your screen is 4x3 or 16x9, etc. I am assuming there is a setting in the player's menu turning off the "autoi eject" function but I don't know how to enter it. I've tried all kinds of button presses on the player and remote without a disc in the player without luck.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Flaherty