R32 GTS-t power loss

Anyone had a problem with GTS-t (or GTS-4) where the engine is limited to 2500rpm? It is intermittant.. sometimes the car will develop power nicely, sometimes it is a bit rough and sometimes the engine is limited to 2500rpm. I have a build-up of petrol-looking stuff under the injector on the #3 cylinder but I don't think that is causing it

The car is stock except for an R33 GTS25t fuel rail, and an auto to manual conversion

There is also a strong smell of unburnt petrol that gets stronger when the engine is under load.

The most frustrating part about it all is that any time I plant my foot, I have about a 75% chance of going fast, and a 25% chance of the car bouncing violently on the imposed 2500rpm limiter.

Reply to
Nick Aldwell

Sounds like it's going into limp home mode. Revs are limited to

2400rpm (2800rpm on trucks). The only thing that will trigger limp home mode is a fault on the Air Flow Meter. As it's intermittant it is either an air leak or a wiring fault. Check the electrical connection to the AFM. Run mode III and V check on ECU.

Peter Hill