Re: 91 Sentra 1.6 stumbling on acceleration final round-

I'm thankful for all the replies i've gotten, and i think i'm on the home stretch. i also found several other nissan posts in other newsgroups that also had similar symptoms. As nisstech stated (distributor problem) their problems were resolved with a distributor replacement. the sensor inside the distributor was defective and when warmed up to operating temp would malfunction, preventing spark to the plugs. i'm planning on getting a junkyard unit unless someone knows where i can buy the individual sensor- i couldn't find it at the parts stores. Thanks to everyone who has helped out. I love being able to get in touch with such a big community. I will let everyone know the outcome. ps- i replaced the plugs/wires/distributor cap/rotor and also replaced the distributor and rotor a second time to rule them all out as possible problems. the distributor doesn't seem to have any play in it either, so the bearings are still ok, and there is no grease or oil inside the distributor. it is dry and clean. -robbie

Reply to
robbie

Well... I thought I was finished... The replacement distributor did help a little *i think* but did not eliminate the symptoms entirely. It seemed there was some small increase in power there- I also pulled the power transistor that is in the circuit for the distributor- it tested fine but I swapped it out as well.,, no change (as expected) Reseated the ECU - I noticed no corrosion on it. I'm back to wondering about the MAF - and as someone mentioned a while ago- O2 sensor? biggest symptom - stumbling on initial acceleration, about 1/3 throttle- goes away if you let off and then apply slow stready throttle. prior checks- PCV valve, all vacuum hoses, EGR, IAC, replaced temp sensor for the ECU, TPS, distributor, and power transistor,,, Thanks again for any contributors- Robbie

Reply to
robbie