Re: Re: Transmission Saver

> How many of you don't use your parking brake, including 5sp > manual? > > Have you ever put your car in park on a hill and found the > gearshift > > hard to pull or heard a loud popping noise when you did get > it in > > gear? > > > > Okay, here's my sequential steps (I've had over ten cars and > never > > lost a trans) > > > > 1. If this is your 1st time getting in the car set the > parking brake. > > Start the car then move the shifter to neutral. Your parking > brake > > should hold the vehicle and keep it from rolling if on a > slope. If > > your parking brake doesn't hold, guess what? > > > > 2. For automatics ONLY, put the gearshift in park. Turn off > the > > engine. If you set the parking brake first, before putting > the > > gearshift in park the weight of the vehicle will be > supported by your > > brakes and NOT your transmission. > > > > 3. For sticks, leave gearshift in neutral and the parking > brake set, > > turn off the engine. The more times you put 2000 plus pounds > of weight > > on your gears and clutch pressure plate, the faster you'll > wear them > > out. > > > > I'm sure for some this may be learning to do something new, > but it's > > not that hard. This is simple and can save you a lot of > trans > > headaches, especially if your vehicle is relatively new. > > > > For some this may be advise too late in coming, but I hope > it helps > > someone out there. > > > > -- > > Posted using the
interface, at author's request > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet > standards > > Topic URL: >
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: >
If you think my suggestion is a waste of space then never mind, but if you think it has some validity, start practicing it.

If I have put something out that keeps a mechanic from making some money, so be it. They?ll always be able to make a paycheck one way or the other.

Reply to
SETITOFF