Repairs?????

My Nissan is due for the 18 month tune up.( 4100 miles) I live 23 miles away from the dealer and in Los Angeles it might as well be 100 miles. I happened up the street to a reliable repair shop. He told me he could do the same thing and it would be under warrantee. Would this be OK. Would the warrantee still be in effect?

Reply to
Ski

I doubt it, unless the local has a certificate authorizing him as a certified Nissan warranty repair facility. If he dosen't then the dealer can easily say that the local botched the repair if something goes wrong. Nissan has very high standards for independent warranty shops.

Reply to
Johnboy

All maintenance work done outside of Nissan dealers WILL NOT void your warranty. You must keep a record of the work performed to prove it was done. Make sure this place is a reliable shop. Actually, if you only have 4100 miles on it, just an oil change would be okay.

Reply to
Martin

"Martin" wrote in news:VMsub.9131$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

I agree but the Nissan dealer syas it has to have the 18 month tune up,. I tyhink I am being ripped off here

Reply to
Ski

There is no such thing as an 18 month tune up required. Read you warranty book to see what if anything needs to be done & find a different dealer.

Reply to
E. Meyer