Sentra ball joint replacement

I am getting conflicting estimates from two mechanics. One indicated that the lower ball joint on my '96 sentra is not replaceable and the entire control arm must be changed. The other mechanic said that he can press out the bad ball joint and replace it, costing significantly less than entire control arm replacement. Does anybody know who is right?

Reply to
rstev

I am getting conflicting estimates from two mechanics. One indicated that the lower ball joint on my '96 sentra is not replaceable and the entire control arm must be changed. The other mechanic said that he can press out the bad ball joint and replace it, costing significantly less than entire control arm replacement. Does anybody know who is right?

Reply to
rstev

:sneakiness:

The case is not true if the control arm is bad that I would replace them I placed my for $ 100.00 each because they were bad. If they are not bad you can replace just the ball joint because 3 days ago I fell in a deep pot hole and I damage my bottom ball joint and I' am going to take if out with the control arm and take out the ball joint buy at a advance auto and take to the mechanic because the ball joint has to be put in to the control arm by pressure and the mechanics are the only one that have that machine.

Jdydvd

Reply to
jdydvd