short in the wiring and VERY LOUD

I have recently purchased a '95 240SX SE. When the car is running it makes a very loud clicking, popping noise. Hard to explain. I had a friend's dad look at it and he said that it sounds like a broken valve spring retainer. I am just getting into cars and would like to do a lot of the work myself. This is kind of a project car for my friends and I. Also, there must be a short in the wiring because the alarm keeps going off for no apparent reason. Just looking for some advice or someone who has had the same issues. I can't be the only one to ever have these problems. Any help or advice would greatly appreciated!

Reply to
240mama

Dear friend, I used to have the same problem very loud noise and cracks, but it was all due to what you have mentioned in your subject! simply "Short Wiring" I recommend you not to touch the mechanical parts of your engine, but directly troubleshoot the wires of the spark plug coils. there should be a torn wire or short circuite between them. you might need to open beneath the outlet mainfold to locate these coils. but again I will tell you not to open any of the mechanical parts. Your engine is fine!! I had the same loud sound but it is all gone now after I isolated the wires and the engine is running just perfect as it used to be and much more better. Good luck.

Regards Abbas Al-Faraj

Reply to
abbas.alfaraj