spec v problems

my friend's 2002 spec v refuses to start after a commute. during the commute the engine siezed at stop and go traffic but started up again after 3 tries. the tach has not moved since even during cranking. an obd2 was used to extract codes and the crank shaft postion sensor had a malfunction. it was replaced. must the code be erased so the ecu will allow the sensor memory to be reset or is the vehicle not starting because of a different problem. seems like there is no fuel reaching chambers. the engine reacts to engine start spray but wont stay on. i thought it was the crank sensor since it dictates fuel and spark timing values. im thinking that since the tachometer still doesnt work after sensor replacement. it could be another sensor or module not alowing the engine to start. there were no fuel pump codes indicating foul. please help me!!!ron

Reply to
Ron1stunR